Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 34

Just a quick update for all you readers out there!!

Things are progressing. Right now we are waiting on a vegetable harvest, a sick plant to get healthy, and healthy plants to get bigger! In this post I will also reveal to you all how my first smoothie experience went!

LET THE PHOTO SEQUENCE BEGIN!

First off, we have a TON of blooms that will hopefully become delicious veggies soon!

My beautiful Squash has 2 little baby squashes that are coming along!

Here are pics of a couple of the several Zucchini plants I have. Most of these flowers are male flowers and won't produce any fruit, but they are needed to pollinate the couple female flowers that I DO have. 

A couple shots of my fabulous watermelon plants! That close up is actually a close up of a Female flower! That means that if it is pollinated by a male flower, we will have our FIRST watermelon!! 
SO EXCITING!

Here are my beautiful Patio Tomatoes! YAY! There are several little tomatoes on these 2 plants and TONS of blooms!! I am noticing that these tomatoes do grow painfully slow. And, thats annoying. :(

Second, we do have a sick plant that is on the mend.

As you all know, I bought it on clearance, so it was to be expected that the plant would have an issue. However, I didn't know that the plant was going to basically DIE! My thoughts are that the Hibiscus got frozen in that last frost we had a couple weeks ago. Most of the leaves have fallen off, but I have noticed that the very tips of the stems are starting to sport some green! Also, I moved the plant out side so it can get some heat and natural sun. Fingers Crossed!

The third thing we got going on is the continued health and success of the plants that are already healthy and successful.

The first pic is of my gardenia bush. It developed some new beautiful buds and blooms and I couldn't be more excited! The second pic is of my rose! Its doing really awesome and has tons of blooms!

Time for the experiment!

So, I don't drink much coffee, but I have gotten on the Green Tea kick! Green Tea is awesome! It tastes great and is super good for you! However, this is not a health blog, its a gardening blog. 
With that being said, I mentioned how you can use coffee as fertilizer, but I didn't mention how you can use Tea Bags! I'll go into all the chemistry later, but for now, know that I have made my first smoothie!

I gave you all my smoothie recipe in an earlier post, but this is what I used for this particular smoothie:
1 banana peel cut up into squares, 2 green tea bags, enough water to cover the ingredients.
I put all of that into the blends and mixed it until it was finely blended. It smelled AWESOME!

Well, I went outside and poured it over the soil of the rose. I got it all over the top of the soil. I wanted to make sure that all the roots were able to get a taste. :) You can see that the smoothie kind of looks like vomit, but what the hey, the plants like it so it can't be too bad.

This is my first attempt at this, so we'll see what happens. 
Until then, thanks for reading!
:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment