Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello Old Friend!

I know it's been a minute and I am sorry for that, but I have been a little out of it.

First off, not much growth has happened. I mean, cool stuff is going on like baby watermelons and zukes and stuff, but the plants are all sort of at a stand still.

I'm kind of a little embarrassed about this because my garden is starting to look like a turd sandwich. :(

My Zuke and Squash leaves are all sort of turning spotty and yellow and gross. The Zuke tower thing just ended up being a terrible idea. (Pics later)

All of my herbs are going crazy with the exception of my 2nd rosemary. (we lost the first one.)

I keep having to repot everything... which may be doing more bad than good?

IDK... I feel like I am overwatering everyone, but at the same time I feel bad if I don't want them. :(

Also, I have been making my smoothies and such, but I feel like my plants are getting the right nutrients. I found this little gem: http://www.growinggroceries.com/2008/10/calcium-the-forgotten-plant-nutrient/ It basically says that I suck and need to start eating more eggs so I can give my plants calcium. Otherwise I may need to figure something out. Maybe a small contained bonfire in my parking spot?? I wonder how the cops would feel about that??

IDK... I just am pretty upset about it all and I don't really know what to do about it.

Some good things have happened recently.

I got a job! YAY! That will provide me with the extra moneys needed to buy MORE PLANTS! Just kidding... or am I?


Speaking of more plants... I have been hitting the clearance bin lately. I'll post about those later too.

And, I started my raised bed thing. I mean, I bought 1 piece... but thats a start and good things take time. :)

So, be patient. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment