Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rainy Day in GA

So, its a rainy day in Georgia. 

:) 

First off, I love the rain! Second, My plants love it too!!

They are finishing up construction in front of my apartment and are starting to lay their sod and such. Well, I made friends with the people over there and now I am able to borrow their hose!!! SCORE! For those of you who are in the know, I have been filling up a 5 gallon watering can in my bathtub everyday 4 times a day at least to water my plants. When we signed our lease we didn't notice that there wasn't a place for the hose, or an electrical socket for X-mas lights. :( So, now that I can use their hose,  I can actually give my plants the big ol drink that they need. 

They have been especially thirst lately because... drumroll please... THEY ARE FLOWERING AND PRODUCING FRUIT! 

Now is the time that they need a really good drink, and probably some more to eat. 

I would prefer to give them nutrients via organic or home style. I really don't want to overload my sweet plants with pesticides and harsh fertilizers. So far, I have companion gardening down. And, I also have the Epsom Salt thing (Magnesium Sulfate). But, I need to find a way to deliver the other needed nutrients. 

I guess on this rainy day I'll be spending my time doing research. 

Shouldn't I be getting a grade for this?...

No comments:

Post a Comment