Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Beginnings

So, it appears that we have some little babies about to be born. :)


Here are some pics of what I think may be some watermelon buds! I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. :) :) :) All I know is that I am going to have to buy or make that trellis SOON!


The picture to the Left shows several buds. If you look closely you will see buds that are coming out of the center of the plant. They look normal right? Well if you look at a couple of the buds, they have lumpy stems before the flower part. Those are female flowers! That lumpy part is going to be the baby squash if that female flower gets fertilized. The picture to the Right is a pic of 2 male flower buds that are actually attached. SIAMESE ZUCCHINIS!

Looks like we are going to be getting some tomatoes soon!! So far I have noticed 2 baby tomatoes. Now, I have no idea how large these guys are supposed to get, but there are TONS of flowers on these plants, so either way we are going to be up to our ears in tomatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment