Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 5- FIRST HARVEST!!

So, my fiancé asked me to get him some chives. My thoughts were that although it looked like my chives needed a hair cut, I was afraid that it was too soon. Well, I decided that I would give it a try anyway. If they live, they live. If they don't, they don't. And here is the harvest!!

My fiancé also asked me to get him some lettuce. This I was really scared about because half of my plants looked great and happy and the others looked really pathetic. But, again I figured either they would survive or they wouldn't and maybe a little trim would stimulate them to grow a little. So here is that harvest too. :)

Overall, it isn't time to completely stop shopping for veggies yet, but it was a pretty decent first try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment