Friday, April 27, 2012

Moving on UP!

So, I mentioned in a previous post that I was running out of room. Well, I have been thinking and thinking and thinking of what I could do to fix this. I mean, I have plants that are spreading... with the absolute quickness! Not to mention the series of plants that are just sitting around after I bought them and had no where to plant them. I seriously have been wracking my brain to figure out what to do.

Then, one day, I was staring at my garden and VIOLA! I figured it out! I needed to build a structure that went straight up. It couldn't be expensive and it had to hold a whole lot. It also had to be really sturdy. But the biggest concern was that it couldn't do any damage to the building and it couldn't be permanent! I had to be able to take it down at a moments notice and not have to worry about patching any holes up or explaining anything to my landlord. I decided on a series of hanging baskets that were suspended from one another. I measured the area I wanted to work with and figured I could get about 3 baskets that were rectangular in shape. I also couldn't just hang them randomly, they needed to hang next to the wall.

Well, I found my baskets at Wal-mart and they are PERFECT!! 3 18" wire baskets with coco liners. They are window box baskets and not hanging baskets so I needed to buy a chain. I bought 20' of 10lbs chain and it worked PERFECTLY! And, I didn't think I would use anywhere near 20' but sure enough I got really close! I also bought 12 S hooks to make it easier to attach and unattached as needed.

Anyway, here is my result! :)

View of the finished product from the front.
Here is sort of a side view
The chain is hanging on that bracket that holds the awning on. See, totally not a permanent fixture!
Here are some pics of the finished product filled with goodies!!



Yay!! I am just so over the moon with this basket! I mean, it's perfect and I made it MYSELF! Can't get any better than that!!

Tomorrow I will post pics of my other purchases that I made. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment